St Angela’s is a Roman Catholic School built in 1862 by the sisters of the Ursuline order, inspired by the vision of their founder and our namesake.
St Angela’s is a voluntary-aided secondary school for girls (11-16) in the London Borough of Newham
The school has six forms (equating to a pupil admission number of 192 students) on entry for the 11-16 girls’ school with a mixed sixth form centre predominantly of girls of 400 students.
The school population serves the Catholic population of the borough and 90% of school population are from ethnic minorities.
St Angela's is a focused, hardworking and friendly Catholic school, aiming to provide every opportunity for our students to achieve their very best and to leave our school confident and independent young women, well equipped for higher education and life beyond.
As a Leading Edge school we continue to push the frontiers of education in every direction and have embraced new teaching and learning initiatives, allowing our students to learn and achieve at impressively high rates. We carefully monitor individual progress and provide the highest standard of pastoral care and learning support.
St Angela’s is also DFE designated Teaching School and as part of that remit we are proud to be a lead school in the Partnership London SCITT having trained over 300 teacher sector wide since 2016.
Please click below to view our School History Timeline.