"The staff engender an ethos in which the girls can succeed and encourage them to use all their talents. It is a great school"
- Parent from our 2009 Inspection

School History

St Angela’s is a Roman Catholic School built in 1862 by the sisters of the Ursuline order, inspired by the vision of their founder and our namesake.

St Angela’s is a multi-ethnic, voluntary-aided Technology College in the London Borough of Newham, one of the most socio-economically disadvantaged areas in the country. Pupils are drawn from across the whole LEA from Canning Town to Forest Gate.

The school is 6 form entry 11-18 girls’ school  with a mixed sixth form centre of 400 students.

The school population reflects the Catholic population of the borough, which is largely Afro-Caribbean, African, Filipino and white. 90% of school population are from ethnic minorities.

St. Angela's is a focused, hard working and friendly Catholic school, aiming to provide every opportunity for our students to achieve their very best and to leave our school confident and independent young women, well equipped for higher education and life beyond.

We are pushing the frontiers of education in every direction and have embraced new teaching and learning initiatives, allowing our students to learn at an accelerated rate. We carefully monitor individual progress and provide the highest standard of pastoral care and learning support.

St Angela's Ursuline School History

The first 100 years of St Angela's Ursuline School from 1862 - 1962

Open publication